Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chewey Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is my new year's resolution for 2010:
Go through the entire King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion

This is definitely not a resolution to make my butt any smaller..
Toootney said I should blog about it. So here we go!

I love this book. It covers the basics, from chocolate chip and sugar cookies, to whoopie pies and lemon bars.

On Sunday I made the first recipe: Chewey Chocolate Chip Cookies.
I used mini chocolate chips instead of big ones because I happened to have some in the cupboard from my cookie party meringue fiasco.

This recipe calls for vinegar and baking soda which causes a foamy reaction in the dough, resulting in truly soft and chewey cookies. My 3 year old daughter, Phoebe, does not seem particularly interested in them, but strangely enough, she is not much of a cookie eater. Maybe this year I'll discover a recipe that brings out the cookie monster in her.

2 comments: