Tuesday, January 5, 2010

White Chocolate Cherry Almond

Sounds like it would be delish, no? They were not a big hit. Even Santa Claus only took one bite and left the rest.
I'm giving these a Phoebe Factor of 6, as she was intimately involved all the way up to the part where you put the dough on the cookie sheet, at which point I told her as soon as she started licking dough off of her fingers she was done . . .  and then she was done. This is the batch, in fact, referred to in the original Phoebe Factor post, with the ambiguous measurement of baking soda. Which could account for the asphalt-like texture of some of the cookies, although not for the fact that others were flat and undercooked. I'm not exactly sure why these didn't turn out as good as I expected. I used dried cherries that we picked from a friend's tree and dried ourselves, which were fantastic on their own. I chose to use the chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe, because I thought the cakey cookie would support all these ingredients. But I could only find the cheap Albertson's brand of white chocolate chips, and they were admittedly a little gross.
These were so unpopular, even with my husband (who will eat moldy leftovers), that two weeks after I baked them, three last pathetic cookies had been overlooked for so many nights I finally fed them to the dog.
Here's the recipe, maybe you can do a better job:


White Chocolate Cherry Almond Cookies  
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 cup dried cherries
1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
  • Prepare the cookie dough as for Essential Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, substituting almond extract for vanilla. Substitute almonds, dried cherries, and white chocolate for the semisweet chips. Bake as directed in the Chewy Chocolate Chip recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment